We want our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work.
Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.
“Diversity and inclusion drive huge business value by giving us the benefit of differing experiences, perspectives and knowledge. We want our employees to feel safe and accepted in the workplace so that they can bring their best to our business.”
Paul Peterson, Head of Human Resources, Atos
Understanding and improving our workplace
As a large global corporation, we have a responsibility for our employees, their families and for society. Atos entered a global partnership with Great Place to Work (GPTW) in 2011 and has since then regularly conducted all employee surveys with constantly improving participation and results.
In addition, in 2012, Atos created a European Works Council (Atos SE Council – SEC) to foster a European social dialogue with employee representatives, including regular discussions on the works of the Board of Directors.
At Atos, we focus on four main drivers of diversity and inclusion:
- Atos signed UN Standards of Conduct for Business in 2018, aligning ourselves with the focus on inclusivity for all.
- L’Autre Cercle’s charter, pledging support to our LGBTI employees, signed in 2019.
- Through the use of AI, our job descriptions use language free from gender, age, and other biases, in alignment with our culture of inclusivity.
- Atos has been named to The Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020, an initiative of Parity.org, and has been ranked as a Times Top 50 Employer for Women 2020 in UK and Ireland for the second consecutive year.
- A Stonewall Global Diversity Champion, Atos is committed to promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace
- Our Women Who Succeed is the over-arching name for all programs focused on women’s development and advancement, executive mentoring program, leadership development, increasing participation in the Expert and Scientific Community
- Accessibility: enabling people to connect to the internet and use services, connectivity, accessibility, and interoperability with assistive technologies
- Skills: improving digital literacy and knowledge of assistive technologies that help disabled people
- Motivation and trust: understanding the reasons why using digital technology is a good thing and feeling confident in using it
- Our recruitment efforts are focused on young graduates. We seek out digital natives as well as certified experts
- The annual Atos IT Challenge is an international student competition dedicated to technological innovation
- Atos has created strategic partnerships with universities and academic institutions, enabling us to cultivate a culture of innovation at Atos and also welcome their top graduates at Atos
- Launch of our Be Digital program to equip our employees with the digital skills that will drive the continued growth of our business.
- Atos employees have also access to various Atos University Academy programs to generate a detailed understanding of our professional job requirements
- Atos is in a continuous improvement mode regarding working conditions of its employees, maintaining and promoting the health, safety and wellbeing of its employees
- Atos offers career perspectives and sustainable employability to each of its employees through programs such as Internal First and the Expert Community